Skip to main content

January 28th

Ok I'm going to talk about wrestling. You can fuck off now if you like.

I have been watching wrestling for 30 years. Mainly WWE but a bit of everything. I used to watch wrestling and eat crisps rather than go to college. This is why I am a failure today.

Today I watched wrestling and ate crisps. 30 years later.

It was the annual Royal Rumble party. The one only I go to. Usually drinking fizzy wine and eating Doritos . I have no money so eating crisps and drinking whatever was in the fridge.

It was very long. The total show was 7 hours which is ridiculous. I sat through 5 hours of it. When it was great it made me cry and remember why the fuck I was there. When it was boring it was just boring and not for me. I couldn't do anything else because I didn't want to go on the internet and spoil surprises. There were no surprises.

I don't know why I like wrestling. I just do. A lot of the time when I am watching it I wonder why I am watching it. I listen to a lot of wrestling podcasts. I like that, they are calming.

The Royal Rumble was alright. It's my favourite PPV of the year. In the times where I was a lapsed fan I still tried to watch this and Wrestlemania and not much else.

When I had the network (which they cancelled by accident and I can't be arsed to renew) I would stay up and watch it live. It sued to kill me. Especially Wrestlemanai which used to go on to forever in the morning and I used to get to a point where I wanted so much to go to bed but was too committed to do so. It was like torture. I would still power through though. Never again. I am too old for that shit.

There is no-one I connect with. I like NXT but thats got a bit worse because as soon as you invest in someone they move them up to the main roster and wreck them.

What I want is a two hour show that just has the best of the week from everywhere. Like NJPW, ROW, WWE the lot. If someone made that I would well watch it. As it is podcasts and PPV's.

Anyhow it was fun enough. It wasted the night and the night needed wasting. It's done and I can do something more constructive tomorrow. Like play Kingdom Hearts (hopefully).

Anyhow. Sorry this is a mess. I am a mess. I will try and make less of a mess tomorrow. If I do make a mess I promise to clear it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penultimate

This is not a suicide note.  I am not allowed to do that. That would make me the bad guy. If things were a bit different though I would deffo be eating toast in the bath. I hope I get ill again. That would be perfect. The only problem with getting ill last time was that I got better. I was ready. I was ‘at peace’. Then, as now, I have had enough. I am always tired, I always hurt. I am never shown any love and I don’t really do anything I enjoy. All the things I am supposed to enjoy either I don’t or I get stopped from doing by other people who are supposed to care about me. I am now old enough to know I will never get what I want in my life. This is it, my best days are behind me and I wasted them on making do. The sun comes out and I get sunburn in the hope that it will fix my skin. In the hope it will make me better. It just makes my skin fall off in different ways and hurt from a new angle. I look for stuff to fill the box I live in. The space is getting smaller and ...

The Last Sunflower

  This is love. This is from a place of love. This is from love island. I am an internet stalker. I watch and I look. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry. I like to know that you are ok. Are you ok? You seem ok. You seem happy. That makes me happy. I am glad you are where you are right now. Even if it killed me to get you there. Slowly. I am transitional. I am the inbetweener. I do it all the time. I hope it works out for everyone. It never really works out for me, but I get people there. That is my X-Man power.  When I met you, you were pretending to be happy. You weren’t happy although you had the sweetest smile. It even spread to your eyes sometimes when you weren’t looking. Super cute. Supergirl.  I used to listen to you telling everyone how blissful you were. I believed you. I believed you for about a year. Then I found out that wasn’t the case. Bruises and all. And then we were happy for a bit Not for very long. Just for a bit and why? Why would you be happy with ...