Skip to main content

1.1

Where were you on the day the sun didn't rise?

I was in my kitchen making breakfast as I was every morning at that time. Up early. Get her ready for school. Make her a breakfast that was semi healthy but that she would actually eat. Get her ready for school and walk her there.

Same old.

Every day (well every week day).

Only today it was dark.

At first I thought that it was just overcast; it rains almost every day here.

Then I noticed it was properly dark. The street lights were off so the only light was that of the cars rushing past.

I didn't really think too much about it. Things seemed to be moving normally so  I just got her to school, got a coffee and waited to see how the rest of the day collapsed.

It was around dinner time when I realised something was wrong. It was still super dark. I turned on the news. It was being reported as an abnormality. Theories seemed to focus on dust in the air but it was something to be curious about rather than worried about.

I made some toast.

I could see the gym across the road was open so went there as per usual and did my thing. There used to be music blaring out while I did my thing but not so much any more since the residents (not me) set the council on them. Who opens a gym in the middle of a residential area?

Now they had a solitary radio whispering out the hits while people grunted and groaned about lifting weights. I stayed there as long as I could be bothered and then I went home.I put some washing in and then went to fetch her back from school.

In the dark.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penultimate

This is not a suicide note.  I am not allowed to do that. That would make me the bad guy. If things were a bit different though I would deffo be eating toast in the bath. I hope I get ill again. That would be perfect. The only problem with getting ill last time was that I got better. I was ready. I was ‘at peace’. Then, as now, I have had enough. I am always tired, I always hurt. I am never shown any love and I don’t really do anything I enjoy. All the things I am supposed to enjoy either I don’t or I get stopped from doing by other people who are supposed to care about me. I am now old enough to know I will never get what I want in my life. This is it, my best days are behind me and I wasted them on making do. The sun comes out and I get sunburn in the hope that it will fix my skin. In the hope it will make me better. It just makes my skin fall off in different ways and hurt from a new angle. I look for stuff to fill the box I live in. The space is getting smaller and ...

The Last Sunflower

  This is love. This is from a place of love. This is from love island. I am an internet stalker. I watch and I look. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry. I like to know that you are ok. Are you ok? You seem ok. You seem happy. That makes me happy. I am glad you are where you are right now. Even if it killed me to get you there. Slowly. I am transitional. I am the inbetweener. I do it all the time. I hope it works out for everyone. It never really works out for me, but I get people there. That is my X-Man power.  When I met you, you were pretending to be happy. You weren’t happy although you had the sweetest smile. It even spread to your eyes sometimes when you weren’t looking. Super cute. Supergirl.  I used to listen to you telling everyone how blissful you were. I believed you. I believed you for about a year. Then I found out that wasn’t the case. Bruises and all. And then we were happy for a bit Not for very long. Just for a bit and why? Why would you be happy with ...