Skip to main content

Hate to say...

I told you the world was dying.
Everyone just said I was being Miley, but I carried on saying it.
I carry on saying it.
You all think that this time next year you will be out there riding the rollercoasters again.
You all thin that you can pack the cinema's and watch someone with super-powers saving the world while the actual world crumbles around you.
Bad things have happened this year. You continue to debate the number of genders and if it's PC to identify as a penguin.
Bad things have happened this year. You continue to consume, you live on piles of things you don't need while your paracetamol, toilet paper, flour and tinned pies rot in the pantry.
Bad things have happened this year. You continue to go on the internet and shout 'look at me, I am special, I have something'
Bad things have happened this year. You create new dances and watch as a million people copy those dances.
Bad things have happened this year. You pump out more children in the hope it will fill the gap you created when you 'settled'.
I could go on but I am no better than you. I know no more than you. I live the same life as you. I want the same things as you.
Bad things have happened this year. Bad things will keep happening. Things are not ending. Things are just starting. Then they will end and the world will be a landfill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penultimate

This is not a suicide note.  I am not allowed to do that. That would make me the bad guy. If things were a bit different though I would deffo be eating toast in the bath. I hope I get ill again. That would be perfect. The only problem with getting ill last time was that I got better. I was ready. I was ‘at peace’. Then, as now, I have had enough. I am always tired, I always hurt. I am never shown any love and I don’t really do anything I enjoy. All the things I am supposed to enjoy either I don’t or I get stopped from doing by other people who are supposed to care about me. I am now old enough to know I will never get what I want in my life. This is it, my best days are behind me and I wasted them on making do. The sun comes out and I get sunburn in the hope that it will fix my skin. In the hope it will make me better. It just makes my skin fall off in different ways and hurt from a new angle. I look for stuff to fill the box I live in. The space is getting smaller and ...

The Last Sunflower

  This is love. This is from a place of love. This is from love island. I am an internet stalker. I watch and I look. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry. I like to know that you are ok. Are you ok? You seem ok. You seem happy. That makes me happy. I am glad you are where you are right now. Even if it killed me to get you there. Slowly. I am transitional. I am the inbetweener. I do it all the time. I hope it works out for everyone. It never really works out for me, but I get people there. That is my X-Man power.  When I met you, you were pretending to be happy. You weren’t happy although you had the sweetest smile. It even spread to your eyes sometimes when you weren’t looking. Super cute. Supergirl.  I used to listen to you telling everyone how blissful you were. I believed you. I believed you for about a year. Then I found out that wasn’t the case. Bruises and all. And then we were happy for a bit Not for very long. Just for a bit and why? Why would you be happy with ...