Skip to main content

Ghost

I first heard them say your name yesterday. Then they said it today.

I hadn't heard anyone say your name in a long time. A long time since you died.

They said you were coming back. It couldn't be you could it? You couldn't do that.

I didn't know how I would feel. I felt a sense of dread. Then I was tense. I didn't want to collapse again. You couldn't come back. Why would you? How could you? You were dead and buried and had a new face. Redesigned. A new you. Still the old you.

Then I felt excited. Then I felt happy. I hadn't seen you in so long. I had stopped laying flowers at your grave a long time ago. I had to. Every flower had a piece of me in it.

I didn't want to know you were not in your own heaven. Not blissfully happy and flying with the angels. You lived in a cottage by an open fire. You baked for your children while a guitar played an actual tune in the background.

You were the tomorrow.

I couldn't imagine a life without you in it. I had never had a life without you in it. Even after. Even after you had died.

Then I saw you. And it wasn't you. It was just a ghost of you come to say hello.

And they even got your name wrong. I didn't correct them.

That wasn't for me to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penultimate

This is not a suicide note.  I am not allowed to do that. That would make me the bad guy. If things were a bit different though I would deffo be eating toast in the bath. I hope I get ill again. That would be perfect. The only problem with getting ill last time was that I got better. I was ready. I was ‘at peace’. Then, as now, I have had enough. I am always tired, I always hurt. I am never shown any love and I don’t really do anything I enjoy. All the things I am supposed to enjoy either I don’t or I get stopped from doing by other people who are supposed to care about me. I am now old enough to know I will never get what I want in my life. This is it, my best days are behind me and I wasted them on making do. The sun comes out and I get sunburn in the hope that it will fix my skin. In the hope it will make me better. It just makes my skin fall off in different ways and hurt from a new angle. I look for stuff to fill the box I live in. The space is getting smaller and ...

The Last Sunflower

  This is love. This is from a place of love. This is from love island. I am an internet stalker. I watch and I look. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry. I like to know that you are ok. Are you ok? You seem ok. You seem happy. That makes me happy. I am glad you are where you are right now. Even if it killed me to get you there. Slowly. I am transitional. I am the inbetweener. I do it all the time. I hope it works out for everyone. It never really works out for me, but I get people there. That is my X-Man power.  When I met you, you were pretending to be happy. You weren’t happy although you had the sweetest smile. It even spread to your eyes sometimes when you weren’t looking. Super cute. Supergirl.  I used to listen to you telling everyone how blissful you were. I believed you. I believed you for about a year. Then I found out that wasn’t the case. Bruises and all. And then we were happy for a bit Not for very long. Just for a bit and why? Why would you be happy with ...