Skip to main content

1.2

It lasted just over two days.  Then everything was back as usual.

There was at some point a slight red in the air that kind of backed up the dust principle. Things like this had happened before. This was the first time we had gone this black though. It was the last for a very long time.

So things returned to normal. In a week it was forgotten a there were bigger worries to make us aware of. The leader of the Western World had done something stupid again but not as stupid as we knew he was capable of. Then Mark Smith died and the nation went into mourning. Black bands were the new orange. Everyone wore them. Finally he was appreciated.

My day rotated. School. Home. Gym. School. Home. Tea. Looking for the hot guys on CBeebies. Bed. Wine. Sleep.

Nothing really changed. I just began to notice lots of drones in the air and I began to get stronger at the gym.

Every day I went I found I needed to use a little bit more weight to get tired. Just a little bit. My muscles didn't seem to be doing anything but everything was just getting easier.

I was also less tired. Being less tired for a single mum is like the greatest thing in the world. You want to make your child a three course lobster meal with potatoes but sometimes a crisp sandwich would just have to do. Being less tired is great.

Then I stopped sleeping.

I didn't at first. I just found it harder and harder to stay asleep. Going to sleep was a breeze but once I was woken up I was woken up. Nothing was going to change that. I would get up and try and read but  the TV was the easiest switch to turn on in the house.

I started to go to bed later and later in the hope that I would be able to sleep better.

11, 12,1,2,3,4,5

Never. I thought that if I stayed up for a day I would be wrecked the next but I wasn't. I was not sleeping and I was not tired. I was going to see the Doctor to tell him I felt well but then I remembered when I had cancer and he prescribed me Vitamin B to get over it (true story, that actually happened). I didn't go to the Doctor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penultimate

This is not a suicide note.  I am not allowed to do that. That would make me the bad guy. If things were a bit different though I would deffo be eating toast in the bath. I hope I get ill again. That would be perfect. The only problem with getting ill last time was that I got better. I was ready. I was ‘at peace’. Then, as now, I have had enough. I am always tired, I always hurt. I am never shown any love and I don’t really do anything I enjoy. All the things I am supposed to enjoy either I don’t or I get stopped from doing by other people who are supposed to care about me. I am now old enough to know I will never get what I want in my life. This is it, my best days are behind me and I wasted them on making do. The sun comes out and I get sunburn in the hope that it will fix my skin. In the hope it will make me better. It just makes my skin fall off in different ways and hurt from a new angle. I look for stuff to fill the box I live in. The space is getting smaller and ...

The Last Sunflower

  This is love. This is from a place of love. This is from love island. I am an internet stalker. I watch and I look. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry. I like to know that you are ok. Are you ok? You seem ok. You seem happy. That makes me happy. I am glad you are where you are right now. Even if it killed me to get you there. Slowly. I am transitional. I am the inbetweener. I do it all the time. I hope it works out for everyone. It never really works out for me, but I get people there. That is my X-Man power.  When I met you, you were pretending to be happy. You weren’t happy although you had the sweetest smile. It even spread to your eyes sometimes when you weren’t looking. Super cute. Supergirl.  I used to listen to you telling everyone how blissful you were. I believed you. I believed you for about a year. Then I found out that wasn’t the case. Bruises and all. And then we were happy for a bit Not for very long. Just for a bit and why? Why would you be happy with ...