Skip to main content

December 10th

One goal today: Just to get through it.

Traffic was terrible for some reason so it took me 45 minutes longer to get to the supermarket. This meant I was 3 minutes late for which I was dragged into an office for a 20 minute telling off.

I wouldn't mind but she comes in late all the time. Hungover and smelling of booze. Everyone knows what she gets up to. She still comes in like her shit don't stink. It does.

I'm told I will have to make it up. Stay late 3 minutes. That's not an issue as you don't let us go home till everything is put away after the counter closes. You pay me till 6:00 but won't let me leave until 7:00. If I don't like it the signage to the door is very clear.

So I go and clean up all his knives, cleavers, choppers and various methods of destruction.

I imagine what I could do with them. I imagine YOU walking through the door.

I clean the industrial mincing machine which for some reason still needs to be cleaned by hand. For some reason. I cut myself on it (again) and watch the blood make patterns. It always makes flowers bloom on stainless steel. Again I think of you.

I go in the warehouse and put a 1 litre bottle of rum outside the back door for later. I am told they have cameras in here. I haven't seen them. They haven't caught me yet.

I change my apron because this is filthy with blood. 1st hand and second hand. Ebay.

I make myself presentable. I put out meat on shelves. Old people walk into me.

I am their obstacle.

And it goes on. I do this over and over and over until they legally have to give me 20 minutes to drink a cup of tea and piss it down the toilet. I have a nice cheese sandwich. I can't eat anything dead. Not after what I have seen.

And then we close and I have to put everything in the industrial sized freezer. Again I think of you. I think of you inside this.

And I am late enough to have missed the traffic. I remembered the rum. I can sit there and think and ignore you until I go to sleep. Then I can do it all again tomorrow.

I will set off extra early.

I wouldn't want to be late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penultimate

This is not a suicide note.  I am not allowed to do that. That would make me the bad guy. If things were a bit different though I would deffo be eating toast in the bath. I hope I get ill again. That would be perfect. The only problem with getting ill last time was that I got better. I was ready. I was ‘at peace’. Then, as now, I have had enough. I am always tired, I always hurt. I am never shown any love and I don’t really do anything I enjoy. All the things I am supposed to enjoy either I don’t or I get stopped from doing by other people who are supposed to care about me. I am now old enough to know I will never get what I want in my life. This is it, my best days are behind me and I wasted them on making do. The sun comes out and I get sunburn in the hope that it will fix my skin. In the hope it will make me better. It just makes my skin fall off in different ways and hurt from a new angle. I look for stuff to fill the box I live in. The space is getting smaller and ...

The Last Sunflower

  This is love. This is from a place of love. This is from love island. I am an internet stalker. I watch and I look. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry. I like to know that you are ok. Are you ok? You seem ok. You seem happy. That makes me happy. I am glad you are where you are right now. Even if it killed me to get you there. Slowly. I am transitional. I am the inbetweener. I do it all the time. I hope it works out for everyone. It never really works out for me, but I get people there. That is my X-Man power.  When I met you, you were pretending to be happy. You weren’t happy although you had the sweetest smile. It even spread to your eyes sometimes when you weren’t looking. Super cute. Supergirl.  I used to listen to you telling everyone how blissful you were. I believed you. I believed you for about a year. Then I found out that wasn’t the case. Bruises and all. And then we were happy for a bit Not for very long. Just for a bit and why? Why would you be happy with ...